1 package (2.75 ounces) country gravy mix
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
2 1/2 to 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles or other pasta
Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth quart jar. In small bowl, stir together bouillon granules, onion, celery and parsley. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add noodles. Close with lid; attach gift tag and decorate.
Attach a recipe card that says:
Empty contents of jar into a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 8 cups water; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium; add one 10-ounce or two 6-ounce cans cooked and chopped chicken. Cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 package (2.75 ounces) country gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules (I will substitute 6 cups of chicken broth for the bouillon and only use 2 cups of water instead of 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion (I will add 1/2 a large onion, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes (I will use fresh celery, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles or other pasta
- I will substitute leftover roast turkey for the canned chicken