- 1 cup butter, softened (you can also replace 1/2 of the butter with peanut butter for Chocolate PB Jumbles)
- 2 cups brown sugar (I prefer dark brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
|Crust and chocolate layer in place|
- Cream all cookie mixture ingredients together except the flour. Stir in 1 cup of flour at a time.
- Spread 3/4 of cookie mixture in greased pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan on the stove. Add milk and heat till smooth. Or toss the chocolate chips, butter, and milk in a bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir.
- Spread chocolate topping over cookie crust.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cookie mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool 15-20 minutes before serving.