Monday, June 27, 2011

Fruit Pizza

With tomorrow being my due date with Miss S., I wanted to make dessert for after dinner. I didn't want any kind of dessert though. I wanted something simple and delicious. I had to make a quick run to the grocery and they happened to have kiwis and blueberries on sale. The first thing I thought of was fruit pizza and I ran with it.

  • 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, I prefer the 1/3 less fat kind
  • 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 package sugar cookie dough (store bought)
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries*
  • 3 ripe kiwi fruit, sliced into 1/4 thick rounds*
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Press cookie dough into a large tart pan and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from oven as soon as it's done and let cool.
  2. While the crust is cooling, whip the cream cheese (be sure that it's at room temperature), lemon/lime juice, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust.
  3. Place kiwi slices on top of cream cheese mixture then sprinkle with blueberries. Place finished pizza in the refrigerator to cool and set. You can also drizzle with melted chocolate or icing before refrigerating.
*Use whatever fresh fruit you prefer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment