Sunday, November 29, 2015

Skillet Brownie for Two

A couple of weeks ago, we needed a little "date" so we enjoyed "Dessert at 9pm" (which is similar to my "Dinner at 8pm"). I brewed some hot tea (as I was coming down with a cold) and made this yummy brownie for two in a cast iron skillet. I had seen a low-carb version of this on Pinterest and decided to make my own version (mostly because I was out of almond flour). It was a simple and delicious little treat to enjoy in the quiet after the kids were asleep. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 5 tablespoons flour
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons water (or cold coffee)
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-4 tablespoon chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, candy bar bits, etc. (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease (I used butter) a 6-inch cast iron skillet (you can also use a 6-inch casserole dish).
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  3. Stir in the water (I prefer using cold coffee), melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
  4. Pour batter into prepared skillet and sprinkle with chocolate chips/chunks, candy bar bits, nuts, etc.
  5. Bake 13 to 16 minutes. 
  6. Remove and top with whipped cream, your favorite vanilla ice cream, or some homemade caramel sauce. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment