Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fajitas

My husband LOVES Mexican/Texmex food so I have to include it on my menus frequently. Here is my version of fajitas, and I usually serve it with some shredded lettuce, Mexican rice, salsa, sour cream, and refried beans on the side.

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 lb. beef or chicken, cut into thin strips
  • taco seasoning (I do add a little cayenne to it and substitute kosher salt for the sea salt)
  • 1 can sliced black olives
  • 1 medium onion, julienned
  • 1 small green pepper, julienned
  • 1 small red pepper, julienned
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Fajita-sized flour tortilla shells
Directions
  1. Wrap desired number of tortilla shells in aluminum foil and place them in a toaster oven or conventional oven to warm for a few minutes. (I usually preheat to 350 degrees and then to warm as soon as it's preheated).
  2. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil; add meat and cook about 5 minutes. 
  3. Add peppers, onions, and olives, cook another 5 minutes.
  4. Add taco seasoning, stir; add water and simmer for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment