|Cream of Chicken for my Enchilada Sauce|
The basic recipe goes something like this...
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (skim has worked perfectly both time for me)
- 1-2 teaspoons of chicken or beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup of dried mushrooms, celery, chicken, etc. re-hydrated
- Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in flour till it forms a paste.
- Slowly pour milk into the pan, whisking as you pour until the mixture is smooth. Add an optional ingredients (beef bouillon + dried mushrooms for cream of mushroom, chicken bouillon for cream of chicken, etc.)
- Simmer until sauce is thickened. Add to your dish in place of canned cream soup.