Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peach Cake

I was trying to come up with a dessert for our College/Career groups' hayride yesterday. I needed something fast and that used peaches (I had some in the fridge). After some searching, I found this recipe for Peach Cake on allrecipes.com. I made a few substitutions to cut down on the sugar and calories.
  • 3 egg, beaten
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional, I made an oatmeal crumble and peach puree to put on top instead of putting the nuts inside the cake)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan, bundt pan, or 2 - 9" round pans.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, peaches and pecans. Mix thoroughly by hand.
  3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 minutes (9x13 pan) or until done.
I baked the 2 - 9" round pans for 45 minutes and they were just a bit over done so adjust the bake time or temperature for the size pan you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment