Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Menu 2014: March 31-April 27

Is it time for a new menu already?!?!? Wow! Time has just been flying by lately and my brain can't seem to keep up. If it wasn't for my calendar and reminders on my phone, I don't know if I'd remember anything. Anyway, the weather has begun to warm up and most of the snow/ice is gone. Yippee!!!! I am looking forward to being able to eat out on the deck and at the picnic table since the house (all 850 sq. ft of it) gets a little claustrophobic during the winter months.
Menu Format
  • Salad
  • Spicy
  • Italian
  • Misc. 
  • Comfort Food 
  • Soup and/or Sandwich
Week 1: March 31-April 6
Week 2: April 7-13
  • Chili dogs, mac'n'cheese, and fruit salad 
  • Spaghetti and meatballs (I've got some in the freezer), steamed broccoli, and salad
  • Southwest salad
  • Jambalaya
  • Grilling...
  • Chicken pot pie
Week 3: April 14-20 - Happy Birthday, Easter, and Spring Break to me starting Friday! I plan to make up doubles of several dishes and freeze them during this time.
  • Club wraps and fruit salad 
  • Sausage corn chile con queso taco ring
  • Dinner at 8pm (for my birthday): balsamic glazed steak rolls, roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus, and hot fudge pudding cake w/homemade Greek froyo 
  • Wild mushroom and 4 cheese ravioli with pesto and grilled chicken and steamed veggies
  • Chef salad 
  • Resurrection Sunday - Brined Turkey, mashed potatoes, overnight dinner rolls, veggies, and dessert...
Week 4: April 21-27
  • Dahi Chickentraditional Indian dal, and naan
  • Salad...
  • Ham and Swiss flatbread panini with a garden salad
  • Gnocchi with creamy roasted garlic sauce, steamed veggies, and side salad
  • Cook-Out at our house with our Sunday school group
  • Crockpot...

No comments:

Post a Comment