Monday, March 30, 2015

Easter Weekend Breakfast and Brunch Ideas

I love making extra special things for holidays and Easter weekend is no exception. Many times I will bring in a special treat for our Sunday school class. I enjoy using food to be a blessing to others when I get the opportunity (although, my dear hubby sometimes wishes that I didn't as it often affects our waistlines). With Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday happening this week, I thought it would be a good time to share some of my favorite options.

Cinnamon Rolls - this is by far one of my favorites as you can make it weeks ahead of time up (and store them in the freezer) until the day of. You can also play with the filling and frosting to come up with some fun combinations like blueberry filling and citrus cream cheese frosting.

Cheese Blintzes - since this is such and easy recipe it can be made with the help of your munchkins. You can also change up the filling on these and make them with nutella, apple pie filling, etc.

Breakfast Braids - whether I am using cream cheese and fruit, or sausage, eggs, and cheese; these braids don't last long at our house!

Quiche - I love this dish. It's such a delicious and versatile recipe to make.

I plan to attempt some new dishes this year and will add them to the list as I make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment