My sister introduced me to this recipe when Jared and I first got married. It is delicious and makes for a nice breakfast, brunch, or ladies tea dish. You can play with different filling ideas as well to make different flavored blintzes, i.e. nutella, pb & j, etc.
- 2 loaves sandwich bread, crust removed
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yokes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix cream cheese, egg yokes, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a shallow square dish.
- Melt butter and place in a shallow square dish that is big enough to fit a slice of bread.
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese filling in each slice of bread. Roll the slice into a log.
- Dip bread logs in melted butter and roll in brown sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheets lined with foil. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Source: original source unknown