Thursday, January 5, 2017

Menu 2017: January 2-29

Happy New Year to everyone! We are working to get everything back to normal after the holidays, which means doing a better job of planning out meals ahead of time and sticking to grocery lists. I find that I spend less on groceries when I have a set menu in place. Life also seems a little less chaotic when I know ahead of time what we're having for supper. I also shop better when I can easily see what groceries I need to pick up each week. With that in mind, I am making a 4 week menu plan.
Here's an editable version (.docx) and a printable version (PDF).

January 2-8
  • Tater Tot Casserole Skillet
  • Pan-seared Pork Chops with steamed broccoli, wild rice, and a side salad
  • Pretzel Dogs and mixed veggies
  • Smoked Sausage and Black Bean Soup with Cornbread
  • Western Omelets and Roasted Potatoes
  • Breakfast Carbonara and side salad
  • Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
January 9-15
  • Mr. R's Birthday Meal Choices - Can't believe my oldest is entering double digits this year!
    • Breakfast: blueberry coffee cake (my mom gave me a gallon of frozen blueberries at Christmas that she had done up this past summer)
    • Lunch: mini corn dogs and baby carrots
    • Supper: BLC (bacon, lettuce, and cheese) burgers with fries and steamed broccoli
    • Dessert: Orange Cheesecake (hoping to convince him to make them mini cheesecakes so that I don't have such a dangerous dessert hanging around my house)
  • Ham and cheese flatbreads with fresh veggies and dip
  • Chili and Cornbread
  • Pork salsa verde, over black beans and brown rice
  • Tortellini Soup (smoked sausage, veggies, and tortellini) and Sourdough Bread
  • Wings (buffalo and garlic parmesan), roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and side salad
January 16-22
  • Texas Caviar Casserole 
  • Roast Turkey, wild rice, and mixed veggies  
  • Spaghetti and meat sauce, veggies, side salad, and French bread 
  • Pork Schnitzel with Arugala 
  • Pizza and side salad 
  • Turkey Vegetable Soup and Garlic cheese biscuits

January 23-29
  • Taco salad with tortilla bowls 
  • Lazy Day Dinner - smoked sausage, potatoes, carrots, sweet peppers, and onions roasted on a sheet pan 
  • White Chili and cornbread 
  • Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie 
  • Pulled pork flatbread, roast cauliflower, and mixed veggies 
  • Carne Asada, black beans, and rice

No comments:

Post a Comment