Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mini Tortilla Pizzas


Today, I was out of bread at lunch so I decided to get creative. I knew that I had some leftover soft taco shells, salsa, pepperjack and cheddar cheeses, and chopped olives in the refrigerator. I figured that I could do the usual "Cheese Triangles" as my 3 year old son, R, calls quesadillas, but then an idea struck me, "Why couldn't I just make mini tortilla pizzas?!"

I took a flour tortilla (taco size), added 1 1/2 tablespoons of salsa, and then topped it with 1/4-1/3 cup shredded pepperjack/sharp cheddar cheese and some chopped black olives. I popped them in the oven for 3 minutes @ 400 degrees and then 2 minutes on broil. Voila! I pulled them out of the oven and took the pizza cutter to them. The kids LOVED them and ate 3 a piece. Overall, it was an easy and delicious lunch. You could also do this as an appetizer or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment