Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week 51 Menu (April 4-10)

Christ the Lord is risen today, Hallelujah! Happy Easter to everyone. I love cooking for holidays and Easter is one of those that I especially love cooking for. I would usually make a large ham in the crockpot but this year we have decided to do something a little different for Easter dinner (everyone is kind of "hammed-out").
  • Easter Dinner:
    Snacks - cheese and crackers, deviled eggs, and veggie tray
    Entreés - Grilled Steak w/onions and mushrooms (adults) and Hot Dogs (kiddos)
    Sides - Potato Salad, Baked Sweet Potatoes, dinner rolls
    Dessert - thought about doing a fruit tart (got a tart pan for Christmas) or my traditional Cheesecake, also thought about making a giant chocolate chip cookie or rice crispy bars (I picked up SEVERAL boxes for free with coupons)...

  • Sweet potato waffles and scrambled eggs

  • Steak Fajitas (I will try to get this recipe posted soon) and Mexican Rice

  • Chef's Salad (Grilled Chicken, boiled eggs, ham, cheese, etc.) and maybe Bread Bowls

  • Jalapeño Cheddar Mac'n'Cheese (I substitute jalapeño cheddar for the shredded cheddar and use skim milk to cut down on the fat a little) and Hot Dogs or maybe even Brats

  • Saturday the hubby is taking me out for my birthday - dinner and a Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics game (got the tix for free). We'll be using a Restaurant.com gift certificate to help cut down on cost.

What are you planning to make for Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment