Thursday, September 9, 2010

Menu: September 5-11

This has been an incredibly busy week with all the fall harvesting, sewing, and cleaning before the cold weather hits. I haven't done much in the way of cooking this week but here's how things have gone.
  • Sunday - we went out to lunch with some of my extended family who were in town for the wedding that we attended on Saturday.
  • Monday - we spent the day cleaning out the garage and so I made a pot of Chili.
  • Tuesday - we did some shopping for the house and of course had to go to Taco Bell for Taco Tuesday. If you like Taco Bell, try the Fresco Chicken Ranchero Taco :o)
  • Wednesday - we had dinner at my MIL and FIL's house. YUMMY! A rigatoni pasta dish, bread, salad, and veggies.
  • Thursday - I will be doing a Baked Eggplant Parmesan (slice, bread, and bake eggplant - 350 degrees for 15 minutes - then top with marinara and cheese, and bake for another 5-10 minutes) and steamed broccoli
  • Friday - I plan to make stir-fried chicken and summer veggies (summer squash, onions, peppers, carrots, etc.).
  • Saturday - the hubby has a "sportsmen's-type" dinner and target practice event so it will be just the kiddos and I. Still haven't decided for sure what to make...
I am doing a lot of freezing, canning, and baking between Thursday and Friday.
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake (I'll be making one to sell, so here are the top rated recipes from Allrecipes and Food Network).
  • Tomato Sauce (This is a versatile sauce that I use as a base for my chili, marinaras, etc.)
  • Grating summer squash and zucchini and freezing in 2 cup bags for use in muffins/breads, brownies, etc.
  • Chopping and freezing peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment