|[Chocolate] Banana Oat Muffins|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce, the natural "no sugar added" kind (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt (or light sour cream)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed + 6 tablespoons water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (2-3)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream the applesauce, yogurt and sugar. Add flax/water mixture and vanilla; mix well. Beat in bananas. Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined.
- Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (muffins) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield 12.
|[Plain] Banana Oat Muffins|