Saturday, May 3, 2014

[Allergy Friendly] Coconut Minis

Bite-sized Coconut Cookies
With so many of my favorite (non-familial) people being gluten free, I've been looking for some new recipes to have on hand in case of company. I am a big fan of coconut, which made my choice of flour an easy decision. I've done a little experimenting with coconut flour and it is a very absorbent flour. You need to bring a ton of "moisturizers" to the party or the coconut makes it really dry. I did some peeking around and found a cookie recipe that sounded interesting so I decided to give it a try. I did make a few adjustments since I just can't leave well enough alone. :)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut flakes
  • 2 tablespoons of raw honey
  • 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • a pinch of kosher salt
There's not a lot that you have to do with these cookies. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees. Toss all the ingredients into your food processor or use a pastry blender to combine. Then roll 'em into little balls. Place 'em on parchment paper covered baking sheets. Criss-cross with a fork. And, of course, bake for 8-9 minutes. They burn easily so watch them like a hawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment