Friday, September 26, 2014

[Gluten Free] Pumpkin Cake with Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

I love fall. In fact, it is my favorite season. I love the crisp, cool air and the changing colors. I love the foods - chilis, soups, pumpkin anything, apple anything, hot chocolate, etc. I enjoy hayrides and visits to the apple orchard. When it comes to fall, you name it and I probably really enjoy it. Loving fall made this recipe a no-brainer for me. Who doesn't love pumpkin and cream cheese? Who wouldn't enjoy some salted caramel along with it? I know, I'm probably making you salivate. So here you go. You're welcome. :)
Cake
  • 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup flaxseed meal
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
  • 1 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Frosting
Directions
  1. In a food processor, pulse oats till they resemble flour. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add flaxseed meal, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
  2. Add pumpkin puree, honey, eggs, applesauce, and melted butter. Stir till combined.
  3. Pour into a greased 9x13 cake pan. Place in preheated over and cook for 30 minutes. Remove to cool.
  4. While the cake cools, toss the cream cheese and salted caramel into a bowl and whip till light and fluffy.
  5. Once the cake is cool, frost and enjoy with a good cup of coffee and group of friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment