We ventured out on our very first family vacation and didn't lose anyone. Audiobooks kepts the "driving boredom" to a minimum, picnic lunches kept us budget, and visiting friends was a blast (more to come on that).
I am beginning to develop a summer routine complete with regular visits to the library, playtime outside, games inside, dress up, and reading. I'm also trying to get back to a planned weekly menu.
- Roast chicken drumsticks, mac'n'cheese, and steamed broccoli
- Blackened chicken and dirty rice
- Subs, fruit salad, and veggies with dip
- Grilled pizza and side salad
- Pork salsa verde, black beans, and brown rice
- Grilled chicken thighs, pesto noodles, steamed sugar snap peas, and roasted asparagus with tomatoes
- Lazy Day Casserole (basically sausage, potatoes, and veggies)
- Red beans and rice
- Chicken tacos, black beans, and fresh fruit
- Happy 5th birthday to my baby girl! Her menu choice for the day is:
- Happy Independence Day! No celebration is complete without grilling, which means brats, grilled potatoes, corn on the cob, veggie tray, and jello are what's for dinner.
- Pretzel dogs, mixed veggies, and fresh peaches
- Subs, chips, and fresh fruit
- Pizza and side salad
- Spaghetti and meatballs, green beans, garlic bread, and side salad