Friday, October 7, 2016

Menu 2016: October 10-30

Our first week back to school was really rough. I spent the first two days going through each of the kids work to see if they had kept up with their schoolwork as they should. Then I spent the rest of the week trying to get them back into routine. I knew this week would be rough but hadn't expected it to be quite as bad as it was. Sigh. Some days I really struggle with homeschooling, but I know it's our best option right now so I make myself another pot of coffee and bake up something chocolate and just keep going.

October 10-16
  • Mini meatloaf, baked potatoes, and steamed veggies
  • Breakfast pizza (in celebration of national sausage pizza day and world egg day)
  • Slow cooker chicken and sausage gumbo
  • Chili and cornbread
  • "Rotisserie" chicken, brown rice, and mixed veggies
October 17-23
  • Chicken carbonara and steamed broccoli
  • Greek chicken salad pitas, chips, and fresh fruit
  • Nachos
  • Biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs
  • Sausage, kale, and white bean soup with fresh sourdough bread
October 24-30
  • Omelets and American fries
  • Buffalo chicken pot pie
  • Pizza and side salad
  • Swedish meatballs over egg noodles with steamed veggies
  • Happy 12th Anniversary to my wonderful hubby - Carne Asada, black beans, and brown rice

1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged; homeschooling is worth it! It is difficult sometimes, but you are doing the right thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete