- 8 burrito size wheat tortillas
- 12-16 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken/turkey, shredded
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion about 3 minutes, add chicken/turkey till warm.
- Divide meat mixture and 8 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese among the tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with and 1/4 cup of broth over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until mixture begins to boil. Slowly add the remaining broth, stirring with a whisk until thickened. Mix in the sour cream and chiles, heat thoroughly but do not boil, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over the enchiladas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro.
|Place about 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom, then top with enchiladas.|
|Cover with remaining sauce.|
|Top with cheese. Cook on low for 2-3 hours.|