I happened across this recipe a couple of months ago and thought we'd try it. I have made a couple changes to it for monetary or convenience reasons. If you want to take a look at the original recipe, you can see it here.
- 2 tablespoons orange-juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure honey (the original recipe called for unsulfured molasses, which is expensive)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard (Grey Poupon Dijon mustard is a GF option)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless (roughly 2-3 breasts), skinless chicken breasts,trimmed and pounded to 1/2" thick for more even cooking
- Salt to taste
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Whisk together orange-juice concentrate, chipotle pepper, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
- Lightly oil the grill or broiler rack. Season chicken with salt and grill or broil for 2 minutes. Turn, brush with the glaze and cook for 4 minutes, brushing occasionally with glaze. Turn again, brush with the glaze, and cook until the center is no longer pink, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Per serving: 149 calories; 3 g fat ( 1 g sat , 1 g mono ); 63 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 300 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 very lean meat