Monday, August 8, 2011

Marshmallow Cola Brownies

We were having a get-together with Jared's family the other day and I was going to bring brownies. I was thinking about all the different "semi-homemade" brownies I've made but wanted to try something different. I had a bag of marshmallows, some mini chocolate chips, and a box of fudge brownie mix, so I went online to see what I could come up with. I saw a recipe for Cola Brownies on Betty Crocker's website and decided to try my own take on them. This recipe makes for a very moist, dense brownie with lots of ooey, gooey marshmallow on top.

  • 1 box brownie mix (18-19 oz.)
  • 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter (I used coconut oil)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup cola (I used Diet Coke)
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk (I used 1/2 cup skim milk + 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar to make my own)
  • 1 bag mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
  2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, egg, cola and buttermilk until well blended. Spread into pan.
  3. Bake 15 minutes, then remove and top with marshmallows and then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Place back into oven for 10-15 minutes until marshmallows are gooey. Remove from oven and let rest till only slightly warm. Cut and serve with ice cream. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment