- 1lb smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2" discs (I used Hillshire Farms smoked turkey sausage)
- 1 small zucchini or summer squash
- 1 large bell pepper (I used half of a yellow and half of a red)
- 1/2 a Vidalia onion
- 2-3 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2" lengths
- 4oz. crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, parsley, and kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each fresh ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flake
- 2 cups Minute brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups water or stock (chicken or veggie)
|In a small bowl, combine butter, oil, garlic, herbs, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flake. Set aside. Place each of your chopped veggies and sausage in their own bowl; arrange on the counter buffet style.|
|Fold your foil into a pouch|
|Put each persons initial(s) on the back|
|Grill for 6-8 minutes per side over medium-high heat. |
(I did mine for 10 minutes each side and the veggies were a little too done for my liking.)
- Bring water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of your butter mixture and rice. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir; cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.