Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Grilled Green Beans and Carrots

Grilled Green Beans and Carrots = YUMMY!
I needed a veggie for dinner the other night but wanted to make it on the grill. Mr. R has an aversion to summer squash and zucchini (it's a texture thing, not the taste) so I really didn't want to make that. What other veggie can be made on the grill that all my kids like? Hmmmm...then I saw it. A recipe for green beans and carrots on the grill (thank you, Pinterest!). Now, you know me, I can't leave a recipe alone so here's my take on it.


  • 2 cups of fresh green beans, cut into 2" lengths
  • 2 cups carrots, julienned
  • 1/4 of a medium red onion, julienned 
  • 3 - 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
  • aluminium foil

Directions

  1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
     
  2. Place one piece (16"-18" in length) aluminum foil on your counter. Top with carrots, beans, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the top. Place second piece of aluminum foil over the top and fold the edges over to create a pouch.
  3. Place pouch on grill turning halfway through. Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or until desired texture is reached. :)
  4. Grilling up my beans and carrots
    alongside my sweet and spice pork chops
  5. Enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from Lost Sentiments)

No comments:

Post a Comment