- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I use oats because I like the added texture)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups buttermilk (trust me on this, do NOT substitute for milk + vinegar unless there is absolutely no time for a run to the store)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
|Leftovers are cool and ready to put in the freezer for later :)|
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, combine buttermilk (or milk + vinegar), applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Add fresh blueberries and give the batter a quick stir.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees. (Tip: test your griddle by shaking a few drops of water on it. If the water "dances around" then it's ready) Ladle your batter onto the griddle and wait for bubbles in the batter to appear, then flip. Cook the second side until golden brown. Top with more fresh blueberries and a little maple syrup
- Place pancakes on a baking sheet to cool.
- Once pancakes have cooled, place them (pan and all) in the freezer.
- Stick frozen pancakes in a gallon size freezer bag.
Reheating Pancakes in the Microwave:
Stack pancakes on a microwave safe plate and heat on high for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes or until the pancakes are heated through.