DeeDee's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (you can also make them into chocolate chip oatmeal cookies by substituting 1 3/4 cups oats for 1 1/2 cups of flour)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2. In large mixing bowl, cream butter, oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
3. In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture 1 cup at a time.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes (DO NOT bake for more than 10 minutes or they'll burn). Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for another 5 minutes (the cookies will finish cooking during this time), then place on a rack to cool.
The best part is that you can make a huge batch and freeze the dough in long "tube-shaped" sticks or individual balls for baking later.