- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce (the "no sugar added" kind) or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or low fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (2 medium)
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream the oil, sour cream/yogurt and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Beat in bananas. Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined. Fold in blueberries (or you can fill your muffin tins and then drop the blueberries on top, I do this when I'm using home-frozen blueberries).
- Pour into greased muffin tins or loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (muffins)/1 hour (bread) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
I decided to make "monster" muffins and used my 7 oz ramekins instead of muffin tins.