Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Flavors of Fall" Pork Loin Roast

I am still not able to use my oven so I had to come up with an alternate to roasting my pork loin. I decided
to slow cook the pork loin in my crock pot, then transfer it to a roasting pan and broil it for a bit to add the nice "crispy" layer that roasting would have provided.
You may be wondering why I am calling this the "Flavors of Fall" Pork Loin Roast. I just thought that the combination of ingredients reminded me of fall - hot apple cider, maple, chili pepper, thyme, and sage.
  • 1/4 cup apple cider
  • 2 tablespoon dijon mustard (Grey Poupon Dijon is GF)
  • 2 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
  • 1 tablespoon McCormick's 'Grill Mates' Smokehouse Maple seasoning**
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon thyme
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, combine cider and mustard; baste pork loin with mixture.
  2. In another bowl, combine spices and rub over pork loin. Place in slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from slow cooker and place in a roasting pan. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes. (Or roast in the oven at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.)
For gravy - place juices in a saucepan and add a cornstarch and water slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water). Heat until thickened.

**The smokehouse maple is a combination of the following flavors: brown sugar, maple, onion, garlic, peppers, paprika, chili pepper, liquid smoke, and spices. All of these flavors make me think of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment