to slow cook the pork loin in my crock pot, then transfer it to a roasting pan and broil it for a bit to add the nice "crispy" layer that roasting would have provided.
You may be wondering why I am calling this the "Flavors of Fall" Pork Loin Roast. I just thought that the combination of ingredients reminded me of fall - hot apple cider, maple, chili pepper, thyme, and sage.
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard (Grey Poupon Dijon is GF)
- 2 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's 'Grill Mates' Smokehouse Maple seasoning**
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- In a small bowl, combine cider and mustard; baste pork loin with mixture.
- In another bowl, combine spices and rub over pork loin. Place in slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from slow cooker and place in a roasting pan. Place under the broiler for 5 minutes. (Or roast in the oven at 300 degrees for 2-3 hours until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.)