Tuesday, November 2, 2010

When life gives you lemons...

Today I went to roast some butternut and acorn squash to put in the freezer for future use in breads, muffins, etc. I had my squash all cut up and on the pans, popped them into the oven and turned it on. I then left the room to attend to one of my munchkins. I can back to check on the progress of the squash about 30 minutes later (and to make lunch for all my kidlets) only to discover that my oven was not "firing" up (it's a gas range). I tested the broiler and the stove top to discover that they were working just fine. After some searching on the internet, I came to the conclusion that the ignitor must be causing the problem. Until I have the hubby take a look at it and decide on a plan of action, the menu may get a little switched around for the next week or so. Looks like I'll be doing some crockpot, grilled, and stovetop meals for a bit. I am currently testing out how to "bake" squash using only the broiler... I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment