Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mini Caramel Cheesecake


While searching for a good 2-person dessert recipe for our "Dinner at 8pm", I cam across Mini New York Cheesecake by Dessert for Two. Both Jared and I love cheesecake so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm glad that I did. They turned out very nice and it made for a delicious and simple dessert. Here is my take on this recipe.

  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 
  • 4 whole graham crackers, crushed
  • 1 tablespoons butter, melted
  • fat free caramel ice cream topping
Directions
I've adjusted the recipe to fit 2 ramekins
instead of the 3 pictured here.
  1. Preheat the oven to 350, and grease 2 - 7 oz ramekins.
  2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar with a fork. Drop 1/2 of crumb mixture into each dish, press down until compact.
  3. Beat together the cream cheese, egg, remaining sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat very well until combined.
  4. Divide the mixture between the cups and bake for 18-22 minutes. Turn off oven and let cakes rest 45 minutes, then refrigerate at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, drizzle caramel topping over each cake.
I paired this dessert with a Skinny Caramel Latte

No comments:

Post a Comment