|Yummy, yummy pancakes!|
- 3 1/4 cups "flour" - I like to use the following combination but use whatever you've got on hand:
- 1 cup oat flour (rolled oats finely ground in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain barley flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 medium bananas (about 1/2 cup banana puree)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups buttermilk (trust me on this, do NOT substitute for milk + vinegar unless there is absolutely no time for a run to the store)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- If you're using my combinations of "flours", grind your oats in a food processor till they're the consistency of flour. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add flax, wheat, barley, and all-purpose flours, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Mix together thoroughly.
- In a blender or food processor, puree together the bananas, peanut butter, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add eggs and pulse for 10 seconds. Pour over dry mixture. Toss in chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle to 350 degrees. When hot, ladle pancake batter onto the griddle with a gravy
a happy marriage of wet and dry ingredients :)
- Finish cooking the rest of the pancakes, then serve topped with maple syrup or even some homemade fruit syrup.
|Can you see the bubbles starting to form on top?|
|Then go ahead and flip 'em|