- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1/2" pieces (feeds 4)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 quarts Peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- In a large stock pot or deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in batter. Fry until golden brown (chicken takes 4-5 minutes when oil is at 375 degree). As each batch finishes, place it on a paper towel lined cookie sheet in the oven (set to warm).
- Pour sauce mixture (excluding cornstarch and water) in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Let the sauce come to a boil and begin to reduce. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; which into sauce. Allow sauce to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Once chicken is done frying, coat with sauce. I serve this over rice with a side of fresh steamed broccoli.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (be sure it is 100% juice with pulp)
- 4-6 teaspoons soy sauce (depending on what you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- dash of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (or you could substitute chicken stock for half the water)