Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Menu 2013: September 2-29

Our summer has flown by all to quickly and September looks as if it will be just as crazy busy as this summer was. We have church activities every weekend except one, school begins on September 4th, we're having Dinner @ 8pm on the 13th, the kids are having a play date on the 14th, and the oven is still not fixed (no, I'm not complaining as I have two grills, a griddle, and the stove top, it just means that I have to be a little more creative in my dinner selections). Here is the menu format.
  • Special Event Food – we’ve got special events at least once a week this month. Some of these events involve me cooking and others don’t so I’ll be sure to specify.
  • Tex-Mex
  • Leftovers/freezer meal
  • Salad / Sandwich
  • Crockpot
  • Grilled
  • Comfort food
September 2-8: Happy Labor Day everyone! We start school this week. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
  • We’re grilling out with family and I am bringing beverages and mac’n’cheese 
  • Steak fajitas with black beans and rice – I need to use up the leftover steak from our family grill day last week. 
  • Santa Fe Salad
  • Cowboy Skillet
  • Zuppa Toscana and potato flatbread
  • We have our Sunday School Picnic today. I am to bring a main dish and a salad or dessert. I am thinking about bringing
    • Pepperoni Pasta Salad
    • Cookies 
  • Hamburgers, green beans and carrots, and French fries 
September 9-15
  • Grilled Cheese and tomato soup 
  • Mexican Gumbo (basically chicken tortilla soup over rice and black beans with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole) 
  • Red beans and rice
  • Dinner @ 8pm for Jared & I (see the menu here) – Corn dogs (I froze 6 of these last month) and fries for the kids
  • Play Date - Mac'n'Cheese, hot dogs, and fruit salad 
  • Spaghetti and meatballs (frozen meatballs and marinara in the crockpot), mixed veggies, and French bread 
September 16-22
September 23-29
  • Beef and Bean Burritos with a side salad 
  • Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread and sauteed green beans 
  • Brats/hot dogs, side salad, chips, and veggie tray 
  • Buffalo style pot pie (this is at the request of Jared who LOVES spicy stuff, if you'd prefer a traditional pot pie you can check out my recipe here
  • Tater Tot Casserole - I may be getting away for the day (by myself) so I am planning to make up something so that Jared and the kids can just pop it in the oven. 
  • Crockpot low country boil (this recipe sounds like it makes a really big batch so I might half it)

No comments:

Post a Comment