|The entire meal (including dessert and coffee) |
only cost us between $25-$30. If we would
have gone out, the meal would have cost us
between $50-$70 with tip, plus another
$40 or so for a sitter.
Appetizer ~ Flatbread with caramelized onions, fresh basil, and goat cheese - ended up making a sun-dried tomato, basil, and goat cheese flatbread, which I will link to once I finish the recipe post
- Wild rice casserole - ended up skipping this as there was SO much food as it was
- Grilled asparagus pouches - made steamed broccoli instead because it was on sale (about $1.50 each)
Grilled radicchio with balsamic and parmesan- made sauteed kale with balsamic and parmesan for the same reason, the kale was on sale :) (about $1 each)
- You can prep and/or make a lot of your ingredients ahead of time, i.e. the veggies for the wild rice casserole, the caramelized onions, the flatbread, the frozen yogurt, etc. So will start by doing as much as possible during rest time, which lasts about an hour).
- I will gather all my ingredients while the kids eat supper.
- While the kids get their jammies on I will begin cooking the wild rice casserole.
- Then, as soon as they are settled in bed, Jared and I will start all out cooking. Nothing needs to go on the grill for more than 20-30 minutes so we should be ready to eat by 8:30pm at the latest.