- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 medium-large fresh jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add ingredients to your bread maker (or KitchenAid mixer with bread hook attachment) in following order:
o Water, yeast, and sugar - let rest 5-10 minutes
o Add jalapenos, flour, cheese, and salt.
- Set your machine bread machine on the dough setting and let it go through the first kneading, rising, kneading cycle (between 30-40 minutes, I think). Or if using the bread hook, let the mixer "knead" the dough until smooth and somewhat sticky. Remove bowl from mixer and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough and knead. Then form into either a loaf or 16 round balls (for dinner rolls). Place in a greased loaf pan or 2 greased 9" round cake pans (for rolls). Let bread rise for 30 minutes or rolls for 10 minutes. Place in the oven and then turn it (set at 350 degrees). It helps the dough rise faster by having it in the oven during the preheating. Once the oven is preheated, bake for 15-20 minutes for rolls and 45-50 minutes for bread (I'm guessing on the bake time for the bread as I made only the rolls) or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush lightly with butter.