- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 5-6 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the milk and the cornstarch in a small pot and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved. Add the garlic and thyme and heat over medium heat until mixture has thickened but before it starts to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and layer the zucchini, sprinkled with salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Drizzle a portion of the milk mixture over the zucchini before adding the next layer. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Spray a thin layer of cooking spray on top and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the top has turned golden brown.
Nutrition Content (per serving): 114 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 19 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein, 180 mg sodium