Monday, April 25, 2011

Menu: April 25-May 1

We had a wonderful Easter with family over the weekend. Now we are back to normal routines and simple menus.
  • Homemade Pizza - we opted for subs instead of this last week.
  • Homemade Mac'n'Cheese - I am a sucker for anything with pasta and cheese. I have tried MANY recipes and love most of them (jalapeño cheddar mac, classic baked mac'n'cheese, mac'n'cheese with tomato slices, etc.). Last week, a friend happened to post this recipe and I thought it sounded quite yummy. Oh, and did I mention that I was able to get a couple of boxes of macaroni noodles for free last week with coupons? :o)
  • Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne - I may make one change and use either homemade sauce or make my own roasted red pepper and feta sauce.
  • Grilled Chicken Salad with all the fixings - romaine lettuce, feta cheese, boiled eggs, croutons, grilled chicken breast, etc. 
  • Grilled Brats & Dogs, potatoes (sliced thinly and baked with butter, herbs, onion, salt and pepper), grilled zucchini, and corn on the cob. Decided to add a grilled meal with the weather starting to get nice (and the fact that brats and veggies were on sale).
  • Tacos - this will make for a nice and easy Sunday lunch. I will have everything prepped and ready in the fridge so we can eat the moment we get home.
  • I may make up some sweet potato or banana bread/muffins for breakfast on Sunday.
Here's the "master list" if you want to browse some other dinner ideas.

Your Turn: Did you try anything new for Easter dinner this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment