Sunday, January 5, 2014

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 3

I am reading 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life as part of my goals for 2014 and I'm sharing insights from each day's readings. If you want to catch up on my progress, read previous days: Day 1, Day 2.

Day 3:
Crystal talks about how making certain small changes can have not only a physical benefit but also a psychological benefit, like when I choose to clean the kitchen before bed vs. leaving it till the next morning. The shape of my kitchen often affects my mood and therefore my level of motivation. "Moving in the right direction - even at a microscopic rate - is always faster than standing still."

Practical Application: Crystal had three today. 1. Choose one small bad habit you want to reverse or one good habit you can aim to implement in your life for the next 18 days. I chose to implement a good habit, that of keeping my food and exercise diary better. I am using myfitnesspal.com to track my progress. 2. Think about your daily routine and determine if there is something that your currently doing or not doing that's dragging you down? One of the things that I used to struggle more with is leaving large baskets of clean laundry unfolded. Now I try to fold it as I take it out of the dryer and divide it up into individual baskets for the kids to put away, but I still struggle with putting mine away (see my laundry post). I am going to work at putting it away as I do it. 3. Choose one chore that you are going to life hack for a mental boost. I am going to stick with cleaning my kitchen before bed as it really does wonders for my attitude in the morning. :)

Mega Project Progress: I was only able to complete one mending project today but it is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment