Thursday, January 9, 2014

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 7

I am reading 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life as part of my goals for 2014 and I'm sharing insights from each day's readings. If you want to catch up on my progress, read previous days: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6.

Day 7:
Resist Negative Thought Patterns. Crystal talks about how we need to keep words like "I can't" and "I'll try" out of our vocabulary, and replace them with "I WILL".  "Keep going, even when it feels like it's an uphill battle that's going nowhere. Your persistence will pay off."
Practical Application: 1. What negative thought patterns do you need to squelch? I definitely use "I'll try" more than "I will", then Jared reminds me to "do" and not "try". 2. Go watch "Just Do It".

Mega Project Progress: I finished two mending projects today, threw away two that weren't salvageable, and laid out my two projects for tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment