Thursday, January 30, 2014

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 21

I am reading 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life as part of my goals for 2014 and I'm sharing insights from each day's readings. If you want to catch up on my progress, read previous days: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16, Day 17, Day 18, Day 19, Day 20.

Day 21: This chapter is all about looking at your progress instead of looking at the areas that still need improvement. Your progress toward discipline in one area will undoubtedly affect other areas in your life. "Success builds on success." So keep working at developing your one habit, don't give up even when you don't feel like you're making progress. "One day soon, you may wake up and realize you've changed your whole life...beginning with one simple habit."
Practical Application: Make a list of all the improvements and progress you've seen in the last 21 days. Don't dwell on the areas that still need improvement.
I started out this challenge by trying to make doing my dishes before bed a daily habit, but discipline in this area helped me to begin keeping my house cleaner, exercising more, and also trying to get up earlier. Because I had my kitchen cleaned up by bedtime, I had the motivation to do better when I got up in the morning.

Mega Project Progress: We ended up getting overnight company and didn't get my mending completed. However, I had to do a few more mending projects than I started out with at the beginning of my 21 days. I also got further than I anticipated during that time.

General Progress: I got my workout in and went to bed with my kitchen clean. I have also been able to do a better job at keeping my house more "picked up" than usual. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment