Thursday, January 16, 2014

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 15

I am reading 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life as part of my goals for 2014 and I'm sharing insights from each day's readings. If you want to catch up on my progress, read previous days: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14.

Day 15:
Say, "Yes," to the best. Every mom must realize that "supermom" is a myth. If you want to live a productive, efficient, happy, peaceful, and disciplined life, you MUST learn to say "no." When I make getting up a priority, I must say "no" to habitually staying up late. I also have to say "no" to most activities and events that would keep me up late. I need to learn to count the cost of each commitment before I make the final decision. I can't say "yes" to everything so I must pick and choose wisely by starting with the best stuff first. If I have leftover time and energy I can say "yes" to some of the good things, too.
Practical Application: 1. Evaluate all the activities and commitments on your plate. If you have too much on your plate determine what you can cut out. 2. Make a habit of saying "no" more often than you say "yes". 3. Create guidelines for yourself and share them with your accountability partner.

Mega Project Progress: Learn to step back and do something you enjoy when you are going through an overly trying time. Sometimes you will have to take a break for a short time, even from your mega project.

General Progress: I just have to say that a few days into this challenge I asked Jared if he was surprised that I was doing so well. To which he replied, "I'll be surprised if you are still going strong on January 15th." He was completely right in making this statement as I've had a hard time sticking to something longer than a week on many occasions. But, I am still going. I got up early and worked out for 32 minutes again this morning and I went to bed with a clean kitchen. I knew that I would have little to no time for mending this week so I planned ahead and got through 10 mending projects on Monday so that I wouldn't fall behind on my mega project.

No comments:

Post a Comment