Friday, January 10, 2014

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 8

I am reading 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life as part of my goals for 2014 and I'm sharing insights from each day's readings. If you want to catch up on my progress, read previous days: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7.

Day 8:
You've got to put your goals on paper. Crystal shares the importance of writing your goals down on paper because writing your goals down gives them more weight. It helps you to track your progress, and your progress motivates you. Writing your goals down can also provide accountability. Crystal says that you should post your written goals in conspicuous places so that you see them on a daily basis. I post my yearly goals here on my blog so that there are more people than just me seeing them. It helps me to stay focused knowing that there is someone else who might be "watching" my progress.
Practical Application: Write down your goal and tape your paper up in a conspicuous location. Review it throughout the day to help you stay focused in the right direction. As I mentioned above, I have them on my blog so that I am reminded of them every time I sit down to post.

Mega Project Progress: I am still feeling motivated to work on my mending project, although, I did have one day where I really didn't want to do it. Thankfully, I had success in another goal area that spurred me on to keep at it. I have now finished 19-20 mending projects and my pile is almost half the size it originally was. After finishing up today's piece of the project, I even laid out two mending projects for tomorrow.

General Progress: Crystal doesn't have this in the book but I wanted to add it so I can share my progress. I am doing really well at keeping up with my goals even after starting school on Monday. I used to be somewhat anxious that someone would stop in unexpectedly and my house would be a disaster, which is usually how it was. Unless I knew company was coming over in the near future, then I would go into a panic and remain pretty stressed until they arrived wondering if I was going to get it all done. I would also go into a tizz if my plans got interrupted because I knew how far behind I was on things. Now I feel more at ease with changes in my schedule because I am keeping up with things. I don't freak out as much, which is better for everyone. It's amazing what something as small as straightening up my kitchen before bed has done for my whole attitude. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment