We had people sign up to bring the following appetizers and side dishes:
- Veggie Tray with Dip
- Relish Tray
- Cheese and Cracker Platter
- Favorite Salad
- Cranberry Sauce
- Green beans with garlic and almonds
- Roasted baby gold potatoes
- Pepper crusted roast beef (I used my deli-style beef recipe)
- Cranberry Apple stuffed pork loin with cran-apple balsamic glaze (I used cran-apple juice instead of just cranberry juice)
- Simple dinner rolls (from Sam's Club)
- Christmas Cookies
- Brownies or Bars
- Be sure to know your equipment. I overloaded our ovens at church so we ran about 15 minutes late on food service.
- Create a flow chart for cooking. Make a list of what things have to be prepped/cooked and when it needs to happen. This will save you from a lot of stress and help things move along at a nice pace.
- Give yourself extra time for error. We gave ourselves a whole hour more than our recipes called for and still wound up running a little late.
The serving tables got burlap table runners, and we placed some beautiful poinsettia and burlap arrangements in the corners.
|Poinsettias and burlap|
|Pinecones and Ornaments|
We placed a simple wreath behind the punch table and decorated it with simple red berries.
|Dessert Table #1|
|Snowflakes and Icicle light chandelier|
|Dessert Table #2|
|Grapevine lights and Ornaments chandelier|
|We covered the doors in brown paper and tied ribbon around them to look like gifts.|
|Gift wrap doors|
|Corner Decorations #1|
|Corner Decoration #2|
|We added wreaths on either side of the center pillars to help break up the white space even more.|
|Wreaths on the Pillars|
|Hurricanes, red pillar candles, greens, and ornaments on burlap|
|Old-fashioned lamps, greens, and pinecones on burlap|
- Have a visual plan. I put together pictures of and directions for decorating each table, section, etc. so that I could pass each task on to someone else.
- Don't micromanage. Give your helpers the idea and let them add some of their own personal touches.
- Do as much prep as you can. Organize your decorations so that everything is it's place, which makes it easier for your helpers to find.